Saturday 20 August 2016

Border

Yeah.  Been a while.  Hopefully someday I can get used to having sporadic postings.  Not yet though.  Somehow I've been very dissatisfied with most things.

Underwhelming food, demotivating work life, lack of exercise (due to prolonged work hours and now the haze), and whatnot.  

I guess I've been missing some friends of late.  Having recently reconnected with some made me realize the time lost in the meantime, and does make me reminisce of the "good times".  

Well, here are some updates.  Mari had dropped by KL to visit me, since she was stationed in East Malaysia for five weeks prior to conduct research on malaria.  It was a crazy weekend, as I played host for the first time.  Nevertheless, we had a great time (re)discovering Kuala Lumpur.  She did all of the shopping, naturally.  I've only a few pictures, so here's one of them.

Having Roti Tissue at Kayu Nasi Kandar, the day of her arrival

In between, I entered a mix doubles badminton competition hosted by my company's Sports Club, with the new QA Exec, Ya Houy.  My faked aggressive stance belies my lousiness, as my partner was the more technical player.  Nevertheless, we gave ourselves a good account, having won one and losing three games to crash out of the group stages.  

But hey, one game won is one less lost.  I feel that the highlight of the tournament was my questionable footwork, from all those years of performing dance routines.  At one point the photographer was wondering when would I eventually twist my ankles.

Anyway, the Olympics have been underway and we've thus far bagged silver medals for the Badminton Mens' and Mixed Doubles, Women's Synchronized 10m Diving, and a bronze in Men's Cycling Track.  

We're in good shape to get a Gold with Datuk Lee Chong Wei having ousted his opposite number Lin Dan for the first time after the previous two showings against him.  He faces China's Chen Long tonight for the Men's Badminton Singles title.  This will be interesting.

Lastly, I've just completed Telltale Games's Tales from the Borderlands, and it was a very fun experience.  I only wished that the game lasted longer, as the characters were well-built, with a simple (but increasingly complicated) story line, interweaving between a strong performance from all the voice actors.  My favourite part was the soundtrack.  Heck, I even started playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel again on co-op mode with Roger.

To The Top - Twin Shadow

No comments: